Winter Fest at Tettegouche
February 18, 2023
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Tettegouche State Park, Silver Bay MN
The Friends of Tettegouche State Park are excited to bring Winter Fest back to Tettegouche State Park for the first time since the pandemic hit in 2020. Winter Fest is a day to celebrate winter with outdoor and indoor activities for the whole family. This year they’ve added an outdoor obstacle course, an indoor presentation on Wild Cats by Naturalist Steve Robertsen, and a children’s story time. In addition to free fresh popcorn, s’mores and hot apple cider, guests will be able to purchase lunch from Na-Cho Bizness, who will be set up inside the Visitor Center.
Winter Fest 2023 Schedule:
- 11 am to 1 pm – Snowshoe hike with Tettegouche Naturalist, Kurt Mead
Bring your own snowshoes. A limited number of loaner snowshoes are available at the park.
- 11:30 am to 12:30 pm – Children’s story time in the interpretive area of the Visitor Center
- 12 pm to 2 pm – Live Music by Noah Shea in the visitor center
- 2 pm to 3 pm – Wild Cats Presentation by USFS Naturalist Steve Robertsen
Activities available all during the event:
- Crafts – make a pine cone bird feeder / coloring / Origami craft
- Outdoor winter obstacle course
- S’mores at the outdoor fireplace
- Popcorn and Hot Cider indoors
- Food by Na-Cho Buziness is available for purchase inside the Visitor Center
This is a Free Community Event sponsored by The Friends of Tettegouche State Park, Northland Foundation Age to Age Program, Finland Coop, Julie’s True Value, Beaver Bay Holiday Stationstore and Park State Bank.