Care for Lake County
Lake County's Leave No Trace Principles
While we enjoy the natural world, Leave No Trace teaches us how to minimize our impact. As part of that work, Lovin’ Lake County is pledging to challenge others to the following principles:
- Plan ahead and prepare – weather, terrain, regulations/restrictions, private land.
- Travel on trails – stick to the trails to not scar the landscape, leave space, do not shout, and camp on durable surfaces or designated campsites.
- Dispose of waste properly.
- Leave what you find – Don’t damage trees or plants.
- Minimize campfire impacts – use a camp stove, be aware of the time of year and terrain, and keep the fire in a fire ring to eliminate the scars on the ground.
- Respect the wildlife.
- Be considerate of other visitors – leave space, keep the noise down, and keep your pet leashed.
- Keep nature natural.
take the Leave no trace pledge
Everyone can do their part to Care for Lake County. Take the Pledge and receive a free sticker and a mini North Shore hiking guide!
Please proctect and enjoy our natural area
Ready to VISIT?
Get the guide
We’d love to send you our full-color travel guide filled with awesome content to guide you on your trip to Lake County.