fbpx

Category Archives: Historical Sites

Enda G along Two Harbors Ore Docks
Celebrating 125 Years of Edna G

The Edna G tugboat was the last steam-powered tugboat to work the Great Lakes. She was built for the Duluth and Iron Range Railroad in 1856 for around $35,000. Her primary role was to assist ore boats of all kinds in and out of the harbor. She was officially retired in 1980, and now the…

Read More »