Two Harbors Light Station & Museum
The Two Harbors Light Station remains the oldest continuously operating lighthouse on Minnesota’s North Shore. Overlooking Lake Superior’s Agate Bay, the Light Station is located in Two Harbors, Minnesota. The construction of the Light Station began in 1891 and was completed in 1892. The first lighting of the Two Harbors light was on April 14, 1892.
Three of the Light Station’s buildings are open for visitors to tour; The Light Tower, which has been restored and fitted with exhibits, houses the rotating light; the Assistant Keeper’s building which has been restored to the late 1800s era and has exhibits on Lake Superior shipwrecks and a kiosk with historical information on the area; and the Frontenac Pilot House featuring an exhibit chronicling the industrial development of Agate Bay.
Two harbors Light HouseCurrently the Two Harbors Light Station is still designated as an active aid to navigation and is on navigational charts and a museum. The Two Harbors Light Station is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.