Lake County Courthouse
The Lake County Courthouse, the first original courthouse of Lake County, originated as a wooden building built in Two Harbors in 1887. In 1904, it burned to the ground, and the county constructed the new courthouse in 1905. A mural called “Angel of Justice” once decorated the inside of the dome. Although the 10- by 15-foot canvas mural was removed in 1945, it was restored in 1976 and placed in the main corridor.